You need a water softener for your family but how much will it cost to have it installed? What determines water softener installation cost and are there options you should consider? How much could you save by doing it yourself or do you need a licensed plumber to handle the installation?
When a homeowner is looking at add a water softener to fix their water quality more and more are purchasing their water softeners from an online store like waterestore.ca and doing it themselves or hiring a local plumber for the installation but what is the water softener installation cost?
Discount pricing and FREE Shipping on Water Softeners here
The Benefits to Using a Water Softener System in Your Home
If you’re not sure how a water softener works you may want to check out this video to learn a little more https://youtu.be/udmE-hhh084
A basic installation of a water softener costs about $300 but it can vary on a number of factors like:
1) Is your plumbing copper or pex plastic. Pex is easier and less costly to work with than copper but if you have copper pipes it can be converted to pex for the water softener installation part and then go back to copper
2) Do want to bypass your outside faucets? When a water softener is installed, all water down stream will become softened but you may want to bypass the outside faucets under certain conditions. If you do a lot of lawn watering or gardening you may prefer to use untreated water. Irrigation systems are typically bypassed but if the sprinklers spray hits your windows you might want to use treated water to make sure you don’t get staining or water spots. Also, if you use the water from your outside faucets for car washing you will be better off with treated water. Bypassing outside faucets requires running a water line from before the connection to the water softener to the piping going to the faucet.
3) How much plumbing is involved? Sometimes due to space limitations or the configuration of your install location the water softener needs to be located a distance from where the water comes into the home or from the drain connection which may require additional piping, usually running about $5 per foot.
4) Do you have an old water softener that is being replaced? The cost to remove and dispose of that old water softener can easily be $100 or more especially if the brine tank is full of clogged salt.
5) If you’re having several pieces of equipment installed in addition to the water softener like a reverse osmosis drinking water system or chlorine filter, the second and third items are usually discounted if you’re having them installed at the same time.
So the bottom line is about $300 for a basic installation assuming you need about 20 feet of pipe including the drain line. Add about $5 per foot for extra piping and bypassing if needed and another $100 or so for removal and disposal of any equipment being replaced.
Can you save this money by installing it yourself? Sure, if you’re installing a water softener in your own home, you can save this money. Check out my water softener installation playlist to see what’s involved https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmnBltD77jBUYlUN9sWzkMkrLQ2VOURUn
Either way, understanding what’s involved and planning the installation ahead of time will make sure you get what you need and save your family money!
Click here for your next video on water softeners and I’ll see you there! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmnBltD77jBXSLyXWZw3cSXj2VyAY9PMu
Any questions or comments about this video or water softeners in general? Please enter them below, I read them all and would love to answer yours.
LOVE GARY THE WATER GUY AND WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WATER FILTRATION FOR YOUR FAMILY? HERE ARE SOME NEXT STEPS!
2) LET’S CONNECT!
Tweets by WaterEstore
info@WaterEstore.com or info@WaterStoreMidland.com
Please share this video https://youtu.be/wI3gek0bAhY
Please comment or ask questions below.